Serenity Sunday: When Is The Right Time? (25-June-2017)

1:03 PM



Oftentimes when I pray for something, I have like a timeline at the back of my mind for when I want to receive the answers to my prayers. Good thing, that's not how God works. His ways and thoughts are higher than ours and His timing is always perfect. So when is the right time for our prayers to be answered?

Almost 7 years ago, I prayed to God to help me bring my parents and my sister here in Singapore even just for a vacation. All I wanted was for them to see the place where my brother and I used to work and where I'm still residing. I want them to experience Singapore. Year after year I kept talking them into coming here, into working on their passports so I could finally book a ticket and bring them here. Despite my incessant asking and my continuous prayers, it didn't happen. Until I gave up. I gave up hoping and I stopped praying for it. I thought that that little dream of mine wouldn’t come true anymore.

And then God surprised me last year. Through God's grace, my sister got a job here in Singapore and the whirlwind turn of events that follows still amazes me up to this very moment. Not only is my sister here with me now in Singapore, we're also able to move in to a 3-bedroom flat which gives us one spare bedroom to use as an office for me and my husband and as a guest room whenever necessary. This is another long-time wish/prayer of mine and I sometimes still can't believe my eyes. All the things I prayed for a long time ago still happened even after I have given up on them. With all of these answered prayers, I remember again how much I wanted to bring my parents here.


Well, guess what? They're coming here tomorrow.


Yes. After years and years of praying for this and giving up on this dream, it's finally happening. When I think of it now, God's timetable is far different from mine but I'm glad He answered my prayers according to His terms and time and not according to mine. In that 7 years that passed, God prepared me. He changed my heart for this moment and He is continuously doing that. I'm amazed by His grace and mercy and at how patient He is with me. His love is truly unfailing.

So when is the right time?  I honestly still don't know. I guess it doesn't matter. What I need to know and hold on to is the fact that God is faithful even when we're not and that He's always on time. 


 ***

2 Peter 3:8 (NIV) 

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Nuffnang Ads

recent posts

FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN!

Follow on Bloglovin

Subscribe